- We limit purchases of Sip of Sunshine to two four–packs/customer.
- No limit on Super Session #2.
We’re jazzed — our deli department is fully staffed and the case is fully stocked! For those of you who remember Susie, our former cook — she’s back in town and making sandwiches and salads.
Mother’s Day comes early this year — May 8! We have lots of ideas for special ways to celebrate your mother:
- a carefully selected collection of cards
- ceramic kitchen ware (new and in limited supply)
- bouquets from The Farm at Mill Village
- an array of goodies for gift baskets
- gift certificates.
We served a chocolate chia seed pudding at Member Appreciation Day. If you find yourself thinking back to it, here is a recipe.
This vegan, sugar–free, gluten–free treat is easy to make and easy to eat. Its short list of ingredients includes items that we always carry at the Market.
The chia seeds give a distinctive texture to the pudding. The recipe is flexible — you can replace the cocoa powder with other delightful ingredients, like fresh or dried fruit, chopped nuts, vanilla extract, coffee powder and/or shredded coconut .
The one thing to remember: allow 3 – 5 hours for it to set to a pudding consistency.
1 can Coconut milk
4 TBSP Chia seeds
4 TBSP cocoa unsweetened powder
maple syrup to taste
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Combine all ingredients and blend on high until smooth — 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl or individual cups; refrigerate until it has the thickness of pudding — 3 to 5 hours (or overnight).
Will keep in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Thanks to grocery assistant Kim Furlong for the idea!
We get inquiries from near and far about the schedule of our delivery from Lawson’s Finest Liquids, an artisan brewery in Warren, VT. The Market receives a delivery every two weeks, usually around noon.
The upcoming delivery is Monday, April 18. The following scheduled delivery is May 2. Please note:
- Due to restricted supply, we limit Sip of Sunshine to 2 four–packs per customer.
- However, there isn’t a limit on Super Session #2.
Lawson’s Finest Liquids is an artisan microbrewery located in Warren, VT in the Mad River Valley. The Market receives a delivery every two weeks, usually around noon.
The next delivery is Monday, April 18.
Limit on Sip of Sunshine: 2 four–packs per customer. No limit Super Session #2.
This idea is derived from Alana Chernilla, author of “The Homemade Kitchen: Recipes for Cooking with Pleasure.” It is healthy and endlessly variable. Truly, the hardest part is wrapping your mind around the idea that it could be so easy.
The starting point for this pudding is ricotta cheese. Plan on ½ to ⅔ c. pudding per serving. The basic method
- Blend the cheese in a blender or food processor until very smooth.
- Add desired flavorings and stir.
- Put in fridge to chill.
Possible flavorings and toppings — all to taste in any combination that pleases you
- maple syrup
- chocolate powder
- dried fruit or nuts (fold these in by hand; the food processor will pulverize them)
- vanilla, almond, or orange extract
- strong brewed coffee or espresso powder
- fresh or canned fruit
It’s delicious, it’s healthy, it’s fun. Enjoy!
This Sunday is Easter. The Market will be closed all day for the holiday. We’ll reopen at 7:30, as usual, on Monday morning.
CURRENTLY on TAP at our GROWLER FILL STATION:
- Foley Brothers “Prospect” IIPA,
- Brocklebank “The Drunkards’ Reunion,” a hoppy wheat IPA,
- Upper Pass “Exhibit B” IPA
- Foley Brothers “Skeleton Crew” IIPA. //
Please remember: growlers must be filled by Market staff; and our liquor license does not allow for beer samples.