Thanks to all who came to the Market’s Annual Meeting last Sunday evening. Good company, incredible potluck, and positive reports about the Market’s financial health. Lots of good suggestions from the group about ways to increase the Market’s visibility in the community. Here are some photos that capture the spirit of the gathering. Congratulations to our re–elected Board members and our new officers: Peter Anderson, chair; Russ Martin, vice chair; and Peg Elmer, secretary.
We celebrate MAD on the 3rd Friday of every month. Members get a discount on their entire purchase and everyone gets to enjoy tasty little samples.
Annual Meeting comes once a year in February. This year it is Sunday the 22nd. We invite all members (and, really, anyone who is interested) to enjoy a potluck supper together, followed by reports about the Market’s health, discussion, and election of board members. After that, there will be an open musical jam for anyone who wants to make music together.
Annual Meeting takes place at the Royalton Academy Building on Route 14 in Royalton Village. Come at 5:30 with a dish to share and instruments if you’re so inclined. We look forward to seeing you and sharing our news.
Valentine’s Day is tomorrow, Saturday, February 14 and we’re jazzed! It gives us an excuse to stock up on more kinds of chocolate. And if chocolate isn’t your thing, we have a wide variety of little treats to bring a smile to your sweetie’s face, such as
- bath salts and soaps, including locally made options
- fruit and cheese
- coffees, teas, and special cookies or home-baked goods
- deliciously scented beeswax candles from Honeyknoll Farm in Bethel
- pottery from Blackbird Studio in Chelsea
- hardwood kitchen spoons made by the Market’s bookkeeper
- beers, wines, sparklies, and meades.
We can also make gifts baskets to order with 1-2 days notice. Shop now and savor the pleasure of a well-chosen treat.
Annual meeting is (you guessed it) a yearly event when members and staff come together to review the events of the past 12 months. It’s a chance to put our democratic principles in action and that includes electing the board of directors from among our members. Ours is a locally grown, independent cooperative business.
Watch your mail for a post card. (If you are a member and don’t receive one, please make sure we have your current mailing address.) Here’s the scoop:
Date: Feb. 22 (Sunday) starting with a potluck supper at 5:30 Business meeting to follow, and an acoustic music jam after that.
Where: Royalton Academy Building on Route 14 in Royalton Village
What to bring: a potluck dish to share and musical instruments if you’re so inclined
What you’ll gain: a great supper, the chance to visit with members and staff, news of efforts to sustain the Market’s health, and a chance to give input as a member of the cooperative.
More info: 763–2400 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The 3rd Friday of the month rolls round this week and that means that we’ll be celebrating Member Appreciation Day on the 16th. We’ll have tasty little samples out for you to try, a gluten–free granola demo from Elemental Granola 11:30–1:00, and discounts for members.
If you are curious about what it takes to become a member, know that we make it easy. We have two levels of lifetime membership. Pay once and you’re good to go … forever! $50 for a blue membership (current discount level: 5% on MAD and one day per month of your choice); $200 for a gold membership (current discount level: 10% on MAD and one day per month of your choice).
You can find a membership brochure on the website on the Membership tab, or by the entrance door at the store. If you have any questions, ask any of the staff. We’re glad to help. And know that, whether you choose to be a Market member or not, we appreciate your business.
We put thought in to making our new year’s resolutions. The challenge is to put them in to action. If you’re wondering if you can make good on your intentions, the Market may be able to help. If you’ve set yourself a goal to
- eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, check out our Produce department. It is well stocked and competitively priced.
- make more home cooked meals, check out our Bulk department, where you can buy as much or as little as you need. This gives you freedom to try out new grains or spices, for example.
- reduce your carbon footprint, shopping locally at the Market can save you many miles and dollars.
- save money, remember that the Market offers a discount to members and non–members when you special order an item by the case.
- share your bounty with others, consider donating items to the Market’s food shelf collection. You’ll find a labeled grocery bag under the counter near the nut cooler.
Best wishes from all of us for a nutritious and peaceful new year.
Whatever beverage you like to drink as you toast in the new year, the Market has a good supply.
- Champagnes and sparkling wines
- Non-alcoholic sparking waters and fruit juices
- Apple cider and cranberry juice for mulling.
Remember that the Market closes at noon on Wednesday, Dec. 31 and is closed on January 1. We resume regular hours on Friday, January 2.
Best wishes from all of us for a happy new year.
- Wednesday, December 24: open until 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 25: closed
- Friday, December 26: closed
We resume normal hours on Saturday, December 27 … temporarily. Our New Year’s schedule is as follows:
- Wednesday, December 31: open until 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, January 1: closed
We open on Friday, January 2 at 7:30 a.m. and welcome the new year.
Best holiday wishes to you and yours from all of us at the Market.
The 3rd Friday of the month is coming right up, and that means that it is MAD — short for Member Appreciation Day.
MAD is a great day to shop at the Market. We tasty little samples out for you to try; it’s a good time for seeing your neighbors (because they’re shopping on this day, too); and members get discounts.
Two extra thoughts as you do your holiday shopping:
- we sell gift certificates in any amount;
- a Market membership gives year-round and is good for a lifetime. Available in two levels: $50 for blue (5% discount) or $200 for gold (10% discount).
See you soon!